This, of course, means different things for different people. Flourish aims to work with families to set realistic and achievable goals targeting an individual’s communication needs.
So, depending on a person’s communication needs we could be working on (these are examples only):
- Correcting a speech error
- Developing early speech sounds and words
- Using signs to communicate
- Developing early language concepts
- Learning turn taking and cause/effect
- Trialing different apps to support communication on an iPad
Flourish Speech Pathology understands that often people require a multidisciplinary approach to therapy services. Our speech pathologist is skilled in working with other local Bundaberg allied health professionals (physiotherapists, occupational therapists, psychologists, social workers and early childhood teachers) to maximise speech therapy services and provide the best support for their clients. Talk to Flourish about your speech therapy appointments being combined with occupational therapist or physiotherapist appointments. This could be more productive for your loved one and also more time effective for you!